This simple raw chocolate recipe combines a few simple ingredients into chocolate shapes for freezing.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. If coconut oil is hard/solid place it oil in a bowl. Then place bowl inside a BIGGER bowl that is filled with hot water so that it will melt. Don't mix them together, though! You just want to liquify the pure coconut oil for use in this raw chocolates recipe.
2. Blend all raw chocolates recipe ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Must use a blender!! (Hand mixing or whisking will not be enough to properly combine the ingredients.)
3. As fast as you can, place chocolate mixture in chocolate molds to be set in the freezer (or pour into a small glass baking dish to set in the fridge until set). Do not let it sit! (Ingredients will seperate if you are too slow.)
4. Freeze for at least 3 hours (ideally longer).
5. Once frozen, enjoy! (If not using molds, cut into bars after they are solidly frozen.)
FYI - Your chocolates must be kept in the freezer all the time, otherwise they will melt :)
Tip: You must be ready to pour these into your molds immediately after blending! Do not let the recipe sit at all, or it will separate. Speed is of the essence!
This simple raw chocolates recipe was contributed by Ashley Kent. Visit her and like her Raw and Radiant Facebook page for raw love and more simple, raw recipes like this raw chocolates recipe!
Ashley's tip for an even better raw chocolates recipe:
"You can also add in chopped almonds, pecans, coconuts, goji berries, raisins or which ever else your heart desires."
That’s it! So simple, so tasty, and a perfect way to keep instant sugar-fixes on hand for those emergency moments.