- chocolate chips
- toasted coconut
- vanilla extract
- peanut butter
- old fashioned oats
- honey (or agave nectar)
- freshly ground flaxseed
We added cranberries, pistachios, chia seeds, hemp seeds, almond butter (instead of peanut butter), and cacao nibs (instead of chocolate chips).
Prep time 30 mins
Total time 30 mins
Serves: 18-20 bites
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ½ cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add the oatmeal, peanut butter (or other nut butter), honey, coconut flakes, ground flaxseed, mini chocolate chips, vanilla to a bowl.
- Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- **You can substitute almost anything for any of the ingredients to work aroundfood allergies, special diets, etc. Soybutter, almond butter, cashew butter, sun butter, etc all works in place of peanut butter. You can use creamed or liquid honey, or agave nectar or even maltitol syrup in place of the honey. If you do not like or cannot eat coconut try some type of crushed cereal, wheat germ, whole wheat flour, granola, cocoa powder...the possibilities are really endless. If you cannot find ground flaxseed you can buy it whole and grind it yourself in a coffee grinder or magic bullet or you can substitute any other dry ingredient in it's place. Yes, the mini chocolate chips can be regular sized or carob or you can use raisins, cranberries, goji berries, or crushed nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, whatev) of some kind.