Below are a few tricks we have to sticking with our plan.
- Accountability: A few workouts a week, plan to workout with a friend. Set a day to do a run together, book a class together, or workout to a video together virtually on MoveMeFit.
- Break It Up: Don't have time for one 30 minute workout? Take 15 minutes in the morning and focus on your abs. Then spend 15 minutes on your arms after work. Breaking up your workouts is better than not getting one in.
- Be Realistic: If you know you aren't a morning person, then don't plan all your workouts in the morning. Make sure you plan for times that you know you are likely to stick with. That snooze button will be too tempting!
- Add Variety: Doing the same workout day after day isn't good for your body or your mind. Your muscles need variety so they don't get too used to any one type of movement, and thereby diminishing the impact of that movement. Instead, change up your workouts. Make Monday your cardio day, Tuesday a toning day, Wednesday a yoga day etc. Then each week you can vary each of those workouts. Not only is this good for your muscles, but also your mind!
- Stay Flexible: Things come up and plans change. It's not the end of the world. Try to find a new time to get a workout in during the week. Thinking on a weekly basis makes it easier to stay flexible. If something comes up, try swapping with your rest day.
- Use Your Time Wisely: Make sure you leave enough time for your workout. If you have an hour to workout and shower, don't spend 10 minutes going back and forth to the gym. Instead, go for a run outside or find a workout on MoveMeFit. If you only have 20 minutes for your workout today, try a HIIT (high intensity interval training) workout to make the most of your limited time by hammering out both cardio and toning at once!