Kale Apple Smoothie
- 3/4 cup chopped kale, ribs and thick stems removed
- 1 small stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place the kale, celery, banana, apple juice, ice, and lemon juice in a blender. Tip, don't put the banana at the very bottom or else the blender blades will get caught in it.
- Blend until smooth and frothy. Tip, start on the lowest speed setting before increasing it. Add a splash of water or more ice to change consistency.