Made with chia seeds, creamy coconut milk, speckled banana, antioxidant dense raw cacao, and chocolate protein powder, these baked, vegan, grain free, and refined sugar free donuts are protein packed and insanely fudgy. They are a guilt free indulgence that’s perfect for breakfast or as a post-workout recovery snack!
Makes 6 donuts
6 tablespoons light coconut milk
5 tablespoons chia seeds
½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
½ cup chocolate protein powder (like Vega One all-in-one)
¼ cup raw cacao powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
¼ cup coconut oil, liquid
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, rack in the middle. Lightly grease donut pan with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl whisk together light coconut milk, chia seeds, and apple cider vinegar. Set aside and allow to sit for 10 minutes or until chia gels.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together chocolate protein powder, cacao, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and coconut sugar until well combined. Using a wooden spoon, mix in banana, coconut oil, and coconut-chia seed gel. Your donut batter should have a mousse-like consistency.
- Gently scoop donut batter into lightly greased donut pan. This is easiest done using a smaller spoon to fill in the donut ring shape. Bake for 20 minutes (donuts will seem very soft, but will harden once cooled).
- Remove donuts from oven and allow to cool to room temperature before removing from pan. Enjoy!